With less than three weeks left on the countdown for this year’s Jefferson-Jackson Dinner, here’s a quick look at the top 5 reasons you can’t miss #LAJJ15!
1. Party with the Democrats! This is our one big chance every year to come together as Democrats and celebrate the values we fight for.
2. Sen. Amy Klobuchar: our keynote speaker this year is a tireless champion of Democratic ideals, and she’s funny. Al Franken is the boring one in their Senate delegation.
3. Mary. Strikes. Back.: We’re all coming together to honor the tremendous service Sen. Mary Landrieu has done for the people of Louisiana, and Mary will be there to speak “to the family” about what Louisiana lost last fall and what we stand to gain this October.
4. It’s July in Louisiana. Literally one million degrees on the thermometer. Doesn’t a cool room at the Sheraton packed with cool Democrats from around the state sound better than whatever else you were doing that weekend?
5. Special, surprise guest-appearances: you never know who’s going to show up for the biggest night in Louisiana politics. With the guv’s race getting closer and 2016 bearing down, a lot of big names want to talk to our supporters about the road ahead — and you don’t want to miss any of it!