JOB POSTING: Digital Director
POSITION TITLE: Digital Director
Employee or Contractor: Employee
Start Date: ASAP
The Louisiana Democratic Party is seeking a Digital Director to build a top notch digital program. The Digital Director will manage all aspects of the digital program; email fundraising, social media copywriting and execution, graphic content development, video production, online advertising, website maintenance, and manage outside vendors when necessary.
Digital Director will work to amplify party messaging and Democratic elected officials across the state. Additional responsibilities include growing our email list, building our online fundraising program, and continuing to grow our presence on social media, as well as the ability to produce rapid-response social media content at a moment’s notice.
- Develop an overarching department digital strategy, complete with digital metrics.
- Manage all social media accounts: Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, and Medium, while staying up-to-date on new social media opportunities and updates to various online platforms.
- Work closely with the Communications Department to track breaking news that can be amplified online.
- Write engaging and productive fundraising emails with rigorous testing and optimization, list segmentation, and email list maintenance.
- Storyboard, Create and deploy compelling social share videos
- Develop online fundraising and engagement goals, and email calendars.
- Execute high-performing fundraising emails under tight deadlines, mobilizing supporters to attend LDP or surrogate events, and mobilization of volunteers.
- Grow email list organically, and through digital advertising.
- Design engaging digital and print graphics (fundraising emails, social media, rally signs, flyers, logos for our events, etc.)
- Maintain, and update website with press releases, and other updates needed for other departments.
- Production of digital analytics reports to optimize performance of digital program using data-driven strategies.
- Work seamlessly with all other departments, Democratic candidates and local parties to promote our efforts, digitally and with print design.
- Ability to work long hours, nights, and weekends when necessary.
- Minimum 2 years experience running digital campaigns.
- Excellent persuasive and engaging writing ability that can be demonstrated in long-form emails in different voices and translated into copy that’s under 140 characters.
- Experience sending fundraising emails, and managing a successful email program for a candidate, or political organization.
- Proficient in Adobe Suite (Photoshop/Illustrator experience is required, After Effects, InDesign and other Adobe products is helpful).
- Proficient in using CRMs. (Blue State Digital and NGP preferred)
- Proficient in using CMSs. (WordPress, Drupal, etc.)
- Experience producing engaging videos, using tv clips, stock footage/audio, producing subtitles. (Proficiency in Final Cut Pro or Abobe Premier are required)
- Experience running an efficient digital advertising program.
- Experience and working knowledge of HTML/CSS.
- Experience working in a fast-paced environment, managing multiple projects at the same time while meeting tight deadlines.
- Incredible eye for detail.
Helpful skills, but not required:
- Experience with DSLR cameras, capturing high-quality images and video.
- Ability to code websites, microsites.
- Ability to create interactive graphics (Java, Tableau, etc.)
- Some knowledge of Louisiana politics.
- French and/or Spanish language proficiency
How to Apply:
Please send a resume, cover letter, several examples of graphics and videos you have produced or a link to online portfolio (preferred), and examples of fundraising emails and social copywriting that you have produced to Michelle Brister, Deputy Executive Director (firstname.lastname@example.org ) with the subject line: Digital Director.
This position will be located in Baton Rouge Louisiana and will require frequent in-state and possible out of state travel.
This is a full-time position, salary is competitive and based on experience/skillset. The Louisiana Democratic Party is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all interested applicants are strongly encouraged to apply.